Re: [Mgs] 72 MGB windows

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 72 MGB windows
From: David Councill <dcouncill@karamursel.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 10:55:18 -0700

--------------F8BB580FF1181CD3B4217D7B

In those channels is a felt seal that hardens and disintegrates with age
(so may be nonexistent).  Replacing those on both sides of the window as
well as adjusting the channels (loosening the bolts and getting them
lined up correctly) should take care of the situation most likely.

Moss Motors part 458-610, less than $12 USD for a pair.

David Councill

72 B, 64 B, 67 BGT

On 9/6/2021 9:29 AM, dave wrote:

> I just picked this car up a week ago.  72 MGB which was clearly
> restored by someone not that long ago. The owner I purchased it from
> is not mechanical at all and bought the car as is.
>
> Moreso on the passenger side, the glass needs a little guidance or it
> hits the side of the channel on the inside of the car when you try to
> roll it up.  if you guide it a little so it stays in the channel then
> it rolls up fine.  its just in the first 2 inches from bottom when you
> roll it up.
>
> Here are some pics.  Not sure how clear or helpful they are.  All this
> is accessible but I?m not sure what to do to fix it.  where/how do I
> adjust to keep it in the channel those first 2 inchec?

--------------F8BB580FF1181CD3B4217D7B

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
      with age (so may be nonexistent).  Replacing those on both sides
      of the window as well as adjusting the channels (loosening the
      bolts and getting them lined up correctly) should take care of the
      situation most likely. <br>
      cite="mid:000001d7a33c$669b0680$33d11380$@ranteer.com">
        charset=windows-1252">
        medium)">
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
        {margin:0in;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;}.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
          MGB which was clearly restored by someone not that long ago.
          The owner I purchased it from is not mechanical at all and
          bought the car as is.<o:p></o:p></p>
          needs a little guidance or it hits the side of the channel on
          the inside of the car when you try to roll it up.  if you
          guide it a little so it stays in the channel then it rolls up
          fine.  its just in the first 2 inches from bottom when you
          roll it up.<o:p></o:p></p>
          helpful they are.  All this is accessible but I?m not sure
          what to do to fix it.  where/how do I adjust to keep it in the
          channel those first 2 inchec?<o:p></o:p></p>

--------------F8BB580FF1181CD3B4217D7B--

--===============4180488767787860263==