[Mgs] Metal dash in a later car

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Metal dash in a later car
From: William Killeffer <wkilleffer@epbfi.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 11:56:09 -0400
Hello everyone,

My car is a 1974 CB roadster. A couple of years ago, I replaced the foam
portion of the dashboard because it had several deep cracks in it, and was
looking worse than shabby. My efforts to spiff it up werenâ??t satisfactory.
So, I stripped off the old pad except for the firm foam thatâ??s riveted to the
metal dash plate and replaced it with a new dash pad. The instructions were
pretty bad and the end result was a disappointment. I was so upset with it that
I nearly sold the car just so I didnâ??t have to look at the disappointing dash
anymore. I got over that, but am still not happy.  One part of the problem is
that the metal plate has some rust damage due to old leaks around the
windshield.

Now, someone is selling a nice looking metal dash out of an earlier car. In
theory, it should fit in the same spot as a padded dash and attach to the car
the same way, right? I know some of the wiring would be different and have to
be adapted in a non-DPO way.  Also, the 1974 console is not the same as the
earlier cars, so I would have to find a way to get everything to look right.
But there would no longer be a need to deal with that PITA dash padding any
longer.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,
-William