Re: [Mgs] 1972 MGB convertible

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 1972 MGB convertible
From: PaulHunt73 <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com> kZpMXQvw42WY6Ek6V+LFRZKIvXnhWXXSNTnQQlDaanqZxGRiLEckVlHNeN+vXGGkJcXufSawF4EvKunQ7cJqcQaL3tBFdUjEEXA=
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 14:38:07 +0000

--------------BPnIGbc0NrIt1cuWvFiGbwKB

Horns are always live fused from the factory - purple circuit from the
fusebox, bottom fuse in the 4-fuse fusebox.  It also powers the
console-mounted courtesy light, boot/hatch light, brake-test circuit,
'door open key in' buzzer, and lighter socket where fitted.

If headlamps are fused then at the least it should be one per side (with
relays), if not one per filament.

PaulH.

On 19/01/2022 13:22, Robert's New iPad wrote:
> Headlamps are not fused, nor is the horn.   Blinkers are fused.
> I would have a good look for any wiring that might have been disturbed
> by the engine R&R, though this seems to be a behind-dash situation
> unless the cover was removed from the steering column during your work.
> Signal flasher is over passengerâ??s knees, or right side, and I recall
> that all other connections are in the cramped space ahead of the
> steering wheel.
> Arguments are frequent about value of fusing headlamps. When I
> installed relays, I installed circuit breakers for them, and fuses for
> overdrive and fuel pump.  Your fuses will give clues to the search for
> the problem.
>
> Bob

--------------BPnIGbc0NrIt1cuWvFiGbwKB

  <head>
  </head>
      from the fusebox, bottom fuse in the 4-fuse fusebox.  It also
      powers the console-mounted courtesy light, boot/hatch light,
      brake-test circuit, 'door open key in' buzzer, and lighter socket
      where fitted.</p>
      side (with relays), if not one per filament.<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:F77439FA-D721-494C-8D50-67C35B72FCEC@gmail.com">
        are not fused, nor is the horn.   Blinkers are fused.</div>
        would have a good look for any wiring that might have been
        disturbed by the engine R&amp;R, though this seems to be a
        behind-dash situation unless the cover was removed from the
        steering column during your work.  </div>
        flasher is over passengerâ??s knees, or right side, and I recall
        that all other connections are in the cramped space ahead of the
        steering wheel.  </div>
        are frequent about value of fusing headlamps. When I installed
        relays, I installed circuit breakers for them, and fuses for
        overdrive and fuel pump.  Your fuses will give clues to the
        search for the problem. </div>

--------------BPnIGbc0NrIt1cuWvFiGbwKB--

--===============2927331330287730786==