Re: [Mgs] 1972 MGB convertible

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 1972 MGB convertible
From: PaulHunt73 <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com> +ZZF0WNjmM/mJTIQACcz81iPde0tHaeUj199QQGciqK68AbJ5TyH/XoAEYbBrqHovaXZIMluGvdFoY0uFg6pDab+AW7OzritE2Q=
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 09:23:33 +0000

--------------lBnBtymeBSnVM0xZnDlbBIym

In that case it sounds like it was an output from the light switch that
shorted.  Either the blue (headlights) or red/green (parking and
instrument lights) is probably also damaged, which will indicate (pun
not intended) where to look next.

Note that if the short caused enough damage inside the switch to open
the circuit, and disconnect the short, manually reconnecting the wires
will likely bring it back on again.  With your cut-off switch on tap
first one then the other of the wires mentioned above onto the brown and
you should soon see which has the short - if it's still present.

PaulH.

On 23/01/2022 00:34, dave northrup wrote:
>   I noticed that the light switch no longer moves at all.  I cannot
> get the light switch to toggle at all so likely it is fried.  Next
> step is to bypass the switch and see if we get lights/action if I
> manually connect the wires.

--------------lBnBtymeBSnVM0xZnDlbBIym

  <head>
  </head>
      switch that shorted.  Either the blue (headlights) or red/green
      (parking and instrument lights) is probably also damaged, which
      will indicate (pun not intended) where to look next.</p>
      open the circuit, and disconnect the short, manually reconnecting
      the wires will likely bring it back on again.  With your cut-off
      switch on tap first one then the other of the wires mentioned
      above onto the brown and you should soon see which has the short -
      if it's still present.<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:bf155c17bb4f4975807416f6439bb372@ranteer.com">
        medium)">
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
        {margin:0in;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}span.EmailStyle20
        {mso-style-type:personal-reply;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;}.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-size:10.0pt;}div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
        longer moves at all.  I cannot get the light switch to toggle at
        all so likely it is fried.  Next step is to bypass the switch
        and see if we get lights/action if I manually connect the wires.
        <o:p></o:p>

--------------lBnBtymeBSnVM0xZnDlbBIym--

--===============1509571039764177010==