Wandering gauges

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Wandering gauges
From: RCooperman@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 22:56:26 -0500
---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    Re: wandering guages
Date:    95-11-08 22:47:20 EST
From:    RCooperman
To:      NKED65A@prodigy.com
CC:      morgans@autoex.team.net

Bob,

As the proud owner of a '67 Morgan 4/4 with a longterm wonky fuel gauge I
thank you.  I plan on attacking my gauge problem with a bit more vigor this
winter.  Perhaps you could expand on what you said to help me with my
particular fuel gauge problem.

When the tank is 3/4 or more full, based on mileage since fillup, the gauge
reads either pegged full or pegged empty.  Between 1/4 and 3/4 quarter full
it pegs full, pegs empty or reads correct fuel level with a "fluttering"
needle.  I had the gauge rebuilt several years ago without any change in
performance.  The rebuilder pointed me to the sender unit which seems to work
- ie resistance changes as i move the float.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Richard Cooperman
'67 Morgan 4/4