Re: Air Filters

To: David McCoy <gdm@po.cwru.edu>
Subject: Re: Air Filters
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 1995 07:51:26 -0600 (CST)
On Fri, 1 Dec 1995, David McCoy wrote:

> Reciently purchased a 1966 plus 4. Its got a great TR4A motor with twin
> SU's. It runs great but I am concerned about the lack of air filters. I have
> been told that they were options at the time of purchase. These however
> proved to be unsatisfactory. Does not seem to be enough room under the
> bonnet for the air filters that Triumph supplied with their cars. Any
> thoughts out there or do I just continue to try and combust whatever gets
> sucked in!
>
> Dave McCoy
> '66 Mog +4

        Despite the fact That I don't own a Mog I think I may be able to
        help you out. Melvyn Rutter (?sp) has a device that fits over both
        carbs and draws air through a "pancake" air filter. Don't ask me
        his address It's probably in any of the English vintage car mags.
        Alternatively, You can order a SS bonnet, with the scoop, either from
        him or another supplier (Perhaps even Morgan in Malvern). That
        should provide you with enough space to fit any air cleaner you want
        beneath it. I'll ask my friend with the +8 for further info.

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois