Ford engine

To: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu
Subject: Ford engine
From: "Blair, John" <JBLAIR@hermes.massolant.navy.mil>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 1996 08:16:31 GMT+5 (EDT)
Date sent:        Tue, 6 Feb 1996 09:10:02 -0500
To:               morgans@autox.team.net
From:             wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Subject:          Ford engines
Copies to:        lotus-cars@netcom.com
Send reply to:    wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)

Will writes:

>  I have a few questions regarding my Ford 1500cc engine (120E)
currently
>  residing in my Morgan 4/4.  I am posting this to the lotus list
but may be
>  mistaken to do so as my concerns are largely regarding the head
and I
>  suspect that the Lotus line never used the push-rod head (?).
Anyway...

Basically the Lotus Cortina engine and the Ford are similar in the
block.
The Lotus modifications however consists of a dual over head cam
head.

>  Does anyone out there know of a cross flow head available that is
suitable
>  for my 1500 cc engine?

I'm fairly sure, however, I don't have access to all my literature
right
now.

>  Does anyone out there know of a 1600cc engine available?
>  If so, can I get a cross flow head for it as well?
>  Does anyone out there have experience mounting twin weber carbs on
>  crossflow Ford engine?

>  If you can answer "yes" to any of the above questions, I'd like to
talk
>  with you some more!

There are a few places/people I can think of off the top of my head:

Bates McClean - in Charlotsville, Va - (804) 974-1947 - has a lot of
                4/4 stuff for sale.
John Sheally  - in Suffolk, Va - (804) 225-0215 - also has a lot of
4/4
                stuff.

Dave Bean Engineering
636 East Saint Charles Street
Star Route 2
San Andrei, Ca.
    (209) 754-5802

 is the main Ford supplier for the Formula Ford racers.  They have a
great catalogue.
 That's were I get my 4/4 engine parts.

--------------------

Richard Cooperman writes:

>Several years ago I bought a brand new 1600 cc cross-flow engine for
my '67
>4/4.  It was a perfect fit.  It was made by German Ford and imported
for use
>in Formula Ford racers.  The company was called BAT and was based in
the
>Philadelphia suburbs at the time.  I have lost track of them.

BAT has moved to sunny Flordia.  Their new address is:

BAT Ltd.
1748 Independence Blvd
Unit B-1
Sarasota, Fa.  (813) 355-0005

John  '65 Morgan 4/4 Series V   '75 Bricklin SV1    '77 Spitfire

John

 John T. Blair  (WA4OHZ)  - jblair@massolant.navy.mil
 NAVMASSO Code 331        - Phone (804) 523-8133 (Comm)
 1441 Crossways Blvd.                   565-8133 (DSN)
 Chesapeake, VA. 23320-2843