Mog 4 Sale

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Mog 4 Sale
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 15:27:44 -0500
Fellow fiends:

With some reluctance I have elected to offer my Morgan up for sale and
wanted to post it to a few car lists to assay interest.

This is a 1967 Morgan 4/4, series V.  That means it has the 1500cc Ford Kent
engine, with one downdraught Solex carb, and a four speed synchromesh
transmission.  I would describe the car as an excellent drive and enjoy now
car.  It has undergone a very good amateur restoration by the previous
owner, and is a very good running solid car; old english white with a black
interior, disk wheels, and sound wood.  It is by no means a show quality
car, but is very presentable and reliable.  The engine needs minor work: I
believe I need to replace the rear main seal (a job that will be done before
the car changes hands).  It is, to the best of my knowlege, otherwise in
need of nothing.  The car comes with side curtains, tonneau, boot cover, and
top (a bit tatty, but who drives these cars with the top up???).  The car is
in the metro Detroit area, soon to be brought out of dry winter storage.

At present, I would happily consider offers in the 12,000$US range, though I
am not sure what the fair market value is for this car.  INCREDIBLY
interesting trades might also be considered (anyone out there have a nice
TVR Grantura MkIII?).  Even if you aren't interested in the car, I'd
appreciate hearing anyone's comments on what the car might bring.

E-mail or phone if interested....

many thanks and sorry for the bandwidth,

Will Zehring
home: (313) 885-4180
work: (313) 577-4199
wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu