4/4 temperature gauges

To: Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: 4/4 temperature gauges
From: Mogger@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 10:26:43 -0400
This is from the 1964 Road & Track Road Test Annual:
"There is no water-temperature indicator, but we understand that any serious
overheating will be signaled by plumes of steam from the hood louvers"
I believe the writer may have over estimated the efficiency of the hood
louvers.  The smell of melting shoe rubber is a more reliable indicator.
Our 4/4 (1966 with a down draft Weber and slightly warm cam) had no problems
on the Interstate last summer.  To Baker, CA. 65-70 mph, 115 degrees F (at
11:30 AM) from Los Angeles.  We stopped for our comfort, the Mog was running
fine.

John McNaughton