Re: Cool places

To: glen@unm.edu
Subject: Re: Cool places
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 01:08:15 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 19 May 1996 glen@unm.edu wrote:
>       here is a question for midget drivers: while i was admiring the
> purring of my 1275 cc powerplant today something came to mind that
> usually does about this time of year. how in blue blazes do you time this
> thing? the last time i had the distributor out i timed it statically,
> much as you would do with an old vw beetle. but, with the radiator fan
> shroud in the way there just don't seem any way to shine a timing light
> down at the pulley. heck, i can barely see the darn crank pulley. anyone
> have any idea's here?the only way i was able to do the static method was
> because i had the radiator out of the car at the time.

Glen,
It's easy, yet a little strange. You do it from underneath!
The leads to my timing light are just barely long enough to reach.
It is pretty easy to see from in front of the car. If you ever have the
car on jack stands or ramps anyway, it is really easy to do. Your shop
manual should tell you the proper timing specs.
Ulix

                    '67 Sprite             '66 Caddy