Thanks for the Help

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks for the Help
From: apicciotto@wccusd.k12.ca.us (Armando Picciotto)
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 08:57:07 +0000
Thank you very much to all who responded with help on flashing (or
polarizing) a re-built generator.  Since I had it on the bench, I
hooked the positive end of a 40-amp battery charger to the case and
touched the small terminal (field side) of the generator about 5
times for about half a second.  It worked.

Before I did this, if I hooked the negative side of a voltmeter to
the field side and the positive to the other terminal, whenever I
turned the generator by hand in the direction it is supposed to turn,
the meter went positive.  After the polarizing, it went negative.
Now it's generating it's little heart out.

It's great to have all the experts out there helping us neophytes!

Armando Picciotto
'63 +4