Setting the record straight

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Setting the record straight
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 10:17:57 -0400
Fellow fiends:

It is obvious from the recent spate of messages that the 4/4 vrs. +4 debate
will likely rage until the sun goes super nova.  I don't feel it is
appropriate for me to respond to the vicious bate-ing that some +4 owners on
this list have attempted ;-)  I've stated my preference and I think most
right thinking folks agree with me  (zzzzzing!).  =:O

On a slightly (?) more serious note: let me make sure that Teri and others
contemplating the purchase of a Mog understant that tho the horizontal
shifter of the 4/4s at first seems odd and awkward (it did to me too, before
I drove one), in fact it presents *NO* problems and is adjusted to very
quickly.  I sincerely hope that no Mog shopper is turned off by this shifter
before they give it an honest try.  I fully adapted to it literally within
minutes and find it very easy to operate.  Doubtless, this is, in part, due
to the fact that the shifter is connected to a very nice box.  The gates
have a positive and firm feel to them, synchros cooperate nicely, and
shifter action is plenty quick.   Tranny feel is very important, IMHO, and I
am quite happy with the 4/4's box.

OTOH, I don't bother with my emergency brake either.

Will Zehring
'67 4/4 series V  (the very personification of motoring purity)