emergency brake

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: emergency brake
From: scott.barrie@CIMtegration.com (Scott Barrie)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 16:13:34 -0500
My emergency brake has been troublefree and totally effective as long as
I've owned the car.  Level ground is the secret :-)

Seriously, I did replace the cable some years ago and lubricated the system
from front to back and it has been more or less reliable ever since. It
seems to me that the system has not been designed with the mechanical
advantage necessary to hold the car on anything more than a gentle slope.

On the up side it does keep my 10 year old from pushing the car out of the
garage :-).

Scott Barrie