Emergency brake cables

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Emergency brake cables
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 17:35:51 -0400
I got another great tip off the Olds mailing list.  While I don't
think it pertains to LBC it sure pertains to the other junk we drive.

Have you ever tried to remove one of those emergency brake cables that
has fingers like on the inside of the backing plate.  Trying to get them
started through the backing plate to remove the cable is a real pain in the
#$$.

Simple solution:  Get a small hose clamp.  The new type with the
worm gear.  Place it around the fingers and tighten up on the screw
in the clamp.  When the fingers are compressed enough simply slide
them out the the  hole in the backing plate.  You will probably have
to release the clamp to get the cable all the way out.

Boy I wish I'd seen this one several years ago.  So simple, and I
never thought of it.

John

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!