Zehring's dreams

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Zehring's dreams
From: CobMeister@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 15:27:21 -0400
In  his post Will Zehring writes,

>I had a dream last night that I sold the 4/4.  Actually got a good price for

>it, too.  But, what the HELL does it mean if your dreams are about selling
>cars?  Any psychologists on the list?  I thought you were supposed to dream
>about buying cars, or about beautiful women or...  ...both!

>Do I need a vacation... or another project...  or what?

As is so often the case, Will, we don't have quite enough info to answer the
inquiry.

First:  When you advertised the 4/4 in your dream, did you state the
condition accurately and post a realistic price?  If not, Professor Fraud
asserts in his book "Interrupting Zee Auto Nurotica Dreamzz" that you have
nothing to worry about since you are obviously just looking for a way to
while away some spare time in your dreams.

If, on the other hand, you did include these essential items in your
dreamworld, that is the color of an entirely different ink blot since it
indicates that you might actually want to sell the Mog instead of just
dreaming about it.  As the Professor says, "Zee inkylusion of zeese items in
zee dreamy advertisement indicates zee imminent death of zee dreamer,
probably from zee terminal boredom complicated by zee too fat wallet."

You also fail to give any details about the Mog's buyer in your dreamlike
state.  If, on the one hand, you sold to someone who had to give up his
collection of MGB's to be able to buy the Mog, then you may actually just be
dreaming of becoming a missionary to the great unwashed.  You may secretly
wish to be cannonized as "Zaint Zehring of Zee Zliding Pillars."  If, on the
other hand, the buyer was ANOTHER 60 year old doctor, it is another clear
indication of your impending death, this time from an even nastier cause:
 the weight of your guilty conscience crushing "zee crap" out of your oil
spotted soul.

It appears to me that the real story is revealed in your last statement.  As
the good Doctor says, "If in zee un-dreamlike state (one zhould not speak of
"awakeness" around zee Morgan ownerz as it merely upzetz zem) zee dreamer
zeeks to reconcile with zee poor neglected auto, zen zee dreamer needz only
to recognize zat zis was no dream... Zis was zee nightmare!  Probably, zee
dreamer is just an alcoholic or zomzing like zat."

>From this I conclude that what you need is a vacation WITH the Mog  AND a
beautiful woman taken to a suitable venue.  The Monterey Historic Races in
two weeks springs to mind, but forget it... there are no rooms left.

I hope this has been of some help?  No, no!  Don't thank me!  My bill is in
the mail...

--Colin Cobb
   1966 Plus 4  & 1936 F2
   Las Cruces, NM