Re: AACA meet

To: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Subject: Re: AACA meet
From: dlfreeman@ipa.net (Dave & Linda Freeman)
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 1996 13:15:04 -0500
>Hey gang,
>
>  Don't know that any one really cares, but most of you know I've
>been trying to get my 4/4 ready for a National AACA meet in
>Chesapeake, Va. today.
>
>I just got back from the awards dinner.  A little disappointed,
>but we got a 3rd.  I must admit that there was not a slug in the
>lot.  Every car in the class was an exceptional example of their
>marque.  There were several MG - TC TD and NJ or PA, a TR1800,
>a Ferrari, Healey 100/6, Mercedes, and Volvo P1800 to name a
>few.  So all in all, got a bad showing.
>
>However, the one thing I never what have thought of, the Judges
>questioned my Chrome Wire Wheels.  (That's the reason for the
>earlier post.)  Aparently, they felt the car should have had
>painted wires.  So, I have to find some documentation to prove
>the cars were dispatched from the Factory with Chrome Wires in
>65.
>
>I'd like to poll you guys.  I have slotted screws holding the
>fenders to the valances and there are Phillips head screws holding
>the outter edge of the firewall to the wood tub.  What type screws
>do your cars have?
>
>There are about 3 other minor items I should work on.
>
>So all in all, got a bad showing.  Only about 75% of the cars
>that were registered showed up because of the Huricane.  Still
>over 300 cars from a 1901 Dureia (sp) up.  Just GREAT!!!
>
>John
>
>John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair@exis.net
>Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229
>
>48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget  65 Morgan 4/4 Series V
>     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire
>
>The one with the most toys, wins!

John,
Have you tried contacting the factory as regards both questions.  I would
think that they would have sales literature available as re the wheels.
Plus they are probably still using the same type screws today as in 65.
Might even be the same guy.  They can be contacted through the net.  All in
all it sounds like you got to see a nice assortment of cars and enjoyed
yourself.

Dave and Linda Freeman  <http://www.ipa.net/~dlfreeman>
Living the Good Life