Re: Side Curtain Rubber Seals

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Subject: Re: Side Curtain Rubber Seals
From: "Michael D. Miles" <mdmiles@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 04:36:40 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 11 Sep 1996, John T. Blair wrote:

> So, I guess I'll send a sample off to both Metro & Restoration
> to see if they can make it.  Don't know what it will cost.
> I'll keep you all posted.
>
> How many of you would be interested in getting some.
One thought - will the Morgan factory provide you/us with the name of the
extruded rubber supplier they used for the previous profile?  If they
would, and if the tool is still available and in operating condition,
perhaps we can order some directly...

If not, may I suggest you contact any of the following rubber extruding
   companies:
The Rubber Group, 800-255-4884, factories in NJ and TX
Technical Specialties Co - 800-874-0877, factory in NY
Minor Rubber Co - 800-433-6886, factory in NJ

Each of them deal with rubber extruding and can 'reverse engineer' a
sample profile, provide a quote, and run material.  My guess is a tool
will cost less than $1000 (hopefully MUCH less) and the minimum buy will
be about 1000 feet (usually measured in pounds of material processed).
  I already have the profile catalog for Minor but nothing they have is
usable as is.

  As for interest, I'm willing to put up a hundred dollars toward getting
material (much better than $750), and the die can provide material to the
restoration shops as well.

Cordially yours, Michael D. Miles, PE; (mdmiles@teleport.com)