Cool Tool

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Cool Tool
From: CTDreher@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 23:30:35 -0400
I want to let everyone know about a great product that I've been using for
the last few years.  It is called "Synchrometer" and it is used for synching
carbs.  A professional car repair buddy... he works for Honda, but he also
owns an Alfa, an MGA and wrenched for me at Bonneville, so he's not all
bad... gave me one for a present, so I didn't know where to get another one
or how much they cost.  Once you use one of these you'll never, EVER use a
Unisyn again.  Unlike the Unisyn, the Synchrometer causes almost no
restriction of the airflow.  It gives you a very accurate (relative to
itself) reading that allows you to compare the airflow between carbs and to
sync them in almost no time.  The unit has a large, connical rubber snout
that will fit into the opening of most LBC carbs.  To use it, you first
loosen the linkage between the carbs, press it lightly into the opening of
one carb and read the airflow on the dial.  Move the unit to the next carb,
adjust the idle to match the first reading and tighten the linkage.  One
minute, tops, and its VERY accurate and consistent.

Anyway, I finally saw one advertised in the Lotus Remarque newsletter.  It is
available from JAE, 375 Pine, Unit 26, Goleta CA  93117.  (805)-967-5767 or
FAX @ (805)-967-6183.  Cost is $60 and once you use it, you'll never think
again about the price.  Its a quality, German-made tool.

I have no $$ connection with the company or distributor.  I'm just a REALLY
happy user who's been telling everyone about this for years.

- Carl Dreher

1971 TR6
1968 MGBGT
1973 Lotus Europa JPS
1933 Morgan SS Trike
...(and 1986 Dodge Dakota and 1995 Audi A6 Quattro and ...)