Morgan Dashboard , De-Camber Kit, Wilburn and mothers advise

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Morgan Dashboard , De-Camber Kit, Wilburn and mothers advise
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: 17 Sep 96
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

Okay I need some help here. I just finished making a new dashboard for
the Plus 4 out of walnut. Came out great.
Originally I was going to varnish it with a high gloss, but as my wife
pointed out the old dash had yellowed  badly because of the varnish.
She's voting for a oil finish.
The guy at the wood working shop suggested a water based varnish but in
my test of that product it raises the grain so badly that I fear it
would ruin all my work.
Friends have suggested Tung Oil, wax and Danish Oil.
What do you all suggest?

Anyone know what the factory originally used?

Oh BTW Gerry Wilburn kindly sent me his article on making the decamber
kit for the older Morgans. In the next week or two I will be making them
Since I bought enough metal to make two sets and mother always told me I
had to do something nice for someone when ever someone did something
nice for me , if someone ( ONE) wants the extra  set I'll be making
they're yours for the shipping cost.

Bob Nogueira
( Knowing that Gerry is lurking out there is sort of like knowing your
old college professor is watch you at work )