Re: Morgan Video Tapes

To: BOB NOGUEIRA <NKED65A@prodigy.com>
Subject: Re: Morgan Video Tapes
From: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 13:45:19 +0000
>From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.5.1
>
>Several years ago the BBC had a series  in which some business guru went
>around GB looking at companies and expounding on what they were doing
>wrong. One of the firms was Morgan.
>I saw a portion of the tape at a TEXMOG event . This retired CO
>criticized Morgan for not increasing production or prices .  From what I
>saw his advise was basically   for Morgan to follow the path  of BMC .
> I remember it being a real hoot to hear his astonishment that the cars
>were pushed by hand around the factory and that Morgan was trying to
>increase production by 10 cars per year while maintaining a 7 year
>waiting list
>
>Does anyone know if tapes of that show are available ?

The show was one of a series done by John Harvey Jones, (ex Chairman of
ICI) called Troubleshooter, I have a copy of the tapes/book of the
series, but I haven't seen individual tapes for sale.

I'm not sure that Morgan haven't followed his advice while denying it! -
the cars have gone up in price faster than inflation, they have greatly
strengthened their position with branded goods and production has crept
up slowly. Currently the factory is being remodelled to allow for better
process flow.
--
Jeremy Edwards
1972 Morgan 4/4 2 str