Re: Morgan Video Tapes

To: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA), Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Morgan Video Tapes
From: mdmiles@teleport.com (Michael Miles)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 09:52:05 -0800 (PST)
At 08:35 AM 12/3/96 -0500, BOB   NOGUEIRA wrote:
>-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --
>
>Several years ago the BBC had a series  in which some business guru went
>around GB looking at companies and expounding on what they were doing
>wrong. One of the firms was Morgan.
>I saw a portion of the tape at a TEXMOG event . This retired CO
>criticized Morgan for not increasing production or prices .  From what I
>saw his advise was basically   for Morgan to follow the path  of BMC .
> I remember it being a real hoot to hear his astonishment that the cars
>were pushed by hand around the factory and that Morgan was trying to
>increase production by 10 cars per year while maintaining a 7 year
>waiting list

I saw it at Cambria several years ago and it WAS "a real hoot"!  One irony
occurred when the British business 'expert' drove into the factory in a
Volvo...

>Does anyone know if tapes of that show are available ?

I don't know of an official channel to obtain one unfortunately.

"Entropy happens!"

Michael D. Miles, PE                      Consulting Design Engineer
mdmiles@teleport.com          (503) 292-1234     FAX: (503) 292-1105