Touring the Morgan factory

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Touring the Morgan factory
From: CobMeister@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 14:10:12 -0500
Hey Gang,
  Actually, I think John covered "The Works" pretty well...
  My lovely bride of 31 years and I visited the factory last March along with
a couple from Norwich, England who were touring England, Wales, and Scotland
with us (actually, "escorting us around" is more accurate).
  I think that there may have been another turista or two going through the
factory at the same time as we were, but there certainly wasn't a crowd.
  The self-guided tour was great... just stroll along at our own pace, no
hassle, no rassle, no hard-hats, no safety glasses...
  A whole different world from an American factory.
  One of the most striking things to us was the fact that the workers seemed
so damned HAPPY!  The other thing was the truly awesome number of nudie
photos on the walls everywhere in the factory.
  Seriously, though, it was great.
  My English friend (Ray) owns a small machine shop in Norwich so the Morgan
folks even us allowed to tour their machine shop which is normally "off
limits" to turistas.  Ray assured me that some of the machines in the machine
shop were undoubtedly used in building my 1936 F2 (yes, seriously).
  We spent several hours in the factory and loved every minute.  We plan to
  One word of caution, though:  entering and leaving The Works you pass
through the gift shop and I will guarantee that you can through a couple of
hundred bucks in a BIG hurry!

--Colin Cobb
   '36 F2 & '66 Plus Four 4 Seater