WeatherStrip/Radiator/BrakeDrum

To: jblair@exis.net
Subject: WeatherStrip/Radiator/BrakeDrum
From: GOTom@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 20:15:16 -0500
John,

I got your drawing on the rubber weather striping. I am still not sure of
it's exact use (I have never had the top on this car) but I am sure it is
needed and will be happy to work with you on it so let me know where you are
on ordering it.

In refitting the cowl on my '53 Flat Rad (? the piece of skin that goes
across the top front of the wood frame covering the dash and on which the
windshield rest) there is a 1 3/4 x 1.0 inch cut out in the center.  It looks
as if this is where the rear bonnet bracket mounts.  However, this appears to
be a modification and the question is "should the cowl (?) be a continuos
piece of metal with the bonnet bracket resting on metal or is the cut out
legitimate and the bracket rest on the wood?"  Any comments would be
appreciated.

Also, never sell the factory short.  After being told by several suppliers
and individuals that it would be almost impossible to get a front brake drum
and a radiator for this car I, by chance, while talking to the factory about
other problems (whoops opportunities), mentioned the need for these parts.
 After sending pictures to them for verification of the parts needed, I was
assured that they could furnish a complete radiator, chrome shell and all for
1100 lbs sterling and a brake drum for 125 lbs sterling.  This was about the
last of October and it was in El Paso, TX by the last week of December.
 Inspection of these pieces looks like a first class job was done.  So don't
take someone else's word for what the factory has or can do.  Ask them your
self, you might be surprised.

Happy New Year to all:
Tom Gainer
'53 Flat Rad