Re: video

To: "L.D. McLaughlin, Jr." <ldmcjr@datasync.com>,
Subject: Re: video
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 22:13:28 -0500
At 06:37 PM 1/10/97 -0600, L.D. McLaughlin, Jr. wrote:
> Everyone who is watching TV tonight, there is a movie "War of the
> Roses" on WTBS at 7pm CST which has a great (?) scene of a
> mid-sixties Morgan crushed by a Suburban in it... Try to tape it
> and get cold chills up your back!! It's the most horrifying scene
> I've ever seen!!

When that movie came out I wouldn't go see it nor would I let a
tape of it in the house as I had just spent 1740+ hours restoring
my car.

A while ago I was in DC and stopped by Cantab Motors.  Met a
young fellow (late 20's maybe) named Bob Morgan.  He realied
the following to me:

  It WAS as real Morgan that was in need of a restoration.
  It had to be specially braced for the film.  After the
  movie was made, his father bought that car, restored and
  is now vintage racing it.

John

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!