Re: video

To: "L.D. McLaughlin, Jr." <ldmcjr@datasync.com>,
Subject: Re: video
From: "Gerry Willburn" <Gerry_Willburn@qmail4.nba.TRW.COM>
Date: 14 Jan 1997 07:35:55 -0700
Actually there were three cars (before, after and crushed) used in the filmong
of the movie. One high-body and two low body cars (anybody notice that?).

The "Before" car was (and still is) owned by Jim Whelan, in California.

The "After" car was purchased by the studio and subsequently resold (I dont
know where).

The "Crushed" car was actually a "hulk" leased for the filming. This car was
furhter "gutted" until it was just a  shell and then mounted on a dolly with
jacks (reputedly the same dolly used by Mel Brooks for the fat lady scene in
Silent Movie) so that it could be lowered even further during the crushing
scene.  This is the car reputed to be Vintage Racing in the East.

The film script was writen by a Morgan (4 seater DHC) owner, Michael Leeson but
most of the good scenes (along with most of the plot) were left on the cutting
room floor.

I wonder where they are today.

Gerry