making parts (no LBC)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: making parts (no LBC)
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 20:25:26 -0500
Hey gang,

   I've been looking for motor mounts for my 75 Bricklin for
several years.  While a few of the Bricklin vendors have them,
they are NOS and quite expensive.  I've been trying to find an
aftermarket mount that will work with out much sucess.

  I've really come to appreciate the hot rodders that cut and
modify their cars.  I can't help but wonder how the get certain
parts like motor mounts.

  Once I get the engine in the chassis, I guess I'll have to
box up one of my old mounts and send it off the someplace that
makes them like McQuay Norris or Anchor, and see what they can
do.

  Thanks for letting me think out loud and if anyone has any
ideas, I'm all ears.

John

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!