Re: 4/4 vs +4

To: zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU, NKED65A@prodigy.com
Subject: Re: 4/4 vs +4
From: BATESMCL@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 02:30:43 -0500 (EST)
I have owned and raced both, so I guess I should be a neutral or at least
semi un-biased party in this debate of the Morgan sisters.

I sold my last +4 and only have one Morgan. It is an ex racecar. It is a
Series V 4/4. The 4/4's with the Ford Kent 1500 and 1600 were the best of the
'old' Morgans. Lighter, cheaper to run and any time you want to see which is
fastest, go to a vintage race, (racing should be done at the track) sure
there are fast +4's out there, and If you want to spend the money to keep the
long stroke motor together, I wont mention that OLD transmission, the +4's
ultimately will be faster. Remember though -- 2138 c.c.'s VS 1498 or 1598
c.c.'s.

I rest my case.