Re: BOUNCE morgans: Non-member submission from ["Joseph K.

To: morgans@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: BOUNCE morgans: Non-member submission from ["Joseph K.
From: "Blair, John" <jblair@virgo.massolant.navy.mil>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 20:00:38 -5

> >p.s. if anyone knows how to get a melted tennis shoe off a fire wall,
> >please come to Misssissippi and show me.

I hate to state the obvious, but what about placing the thumb of you
right hand on the left side of the right shoe, and you remaining
fingers inside the neck of the shoe.  Now, squeeze the thumb and
fingers together.  Once contact has been made with the shoe, continue
to squeeze while lifting up with your arm. :)

Which item do you want to save, the tennis shoes or the fire wall?
Unfortunately, if it is the firewall, it will get scratched and need
to be repainted.  Use a razor blade scrapper to scrape off the shoe.

Another option would be to cut as much of the shoe off as possible and
sand the remaining part of the shoe off.

On the other hand, if you want to save the tennis shoes, use a drill
to start a hole in the firewall.  Then use a saber saw to cut around
the shoe.  The treat part to this, is you will add considerable life
to the soles of the shoes.  The downside is, you won't be able to
sneak up on anyone and you'll sound like the Tin man.

John

 John T. Blair  (WA4OHZ)  - jblair@massolant.navy.mil
 NAVMASSO Code 331        - Phone (804) 523-8133 (Comm)
 1441 Crossways Blvd.                   565-8133 (DSN)
 Chesapeake, VA. 23320-2843