New Zealand matters.

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New Zealand matters.
From: Gary Moles <morgannz@manawatu.gen.nz>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 19:54:27 +1300
First. Thanks to all those on the net who replied re Blair Haggitt's visit
to Canada and USA. Unfortunately, between the snow in Victoria and the
floods in California, his schedule was pretty much destroyed. He did however
manage to contact a few by phone - just about the only form of communication
working ?? I know, from his point of view, it turned out to be a very
interesting trip.
Don't forget, if anyone on the net is coming out this way for a holiday (or
business) please get in touch and we will see what can be arranged in the
way of some New Zealand Morgan hospitality.

Second. Wanted to borrow, or retain. One 6" x 4" front three - quarter view
photo (black/white or colour) of a Morgan Series 1 DHC (2 seater), and one,
same size etc of a round-cowl Plus 4 DHC (2 seater). Also, an additional one
of either from a side view showing the hood raised or in the central position.
Reason. As Registrar for the Morgan Sports Car of New Zealand I have an
interest in all Morgan vehicles which are known to have arrived in New
Zealand. Gerry Willburn has recently very generously provided me with some
records which show that 5 DHCs have arrived on these shores. Of these, one
is currently under restoration, one was on-sold to Australia, and the rest
have gone to ground, fate and whereabouts unknown.
I am going to produce an article for a national classic car magazine which
will concern itself with the Morgan DHCs and see if we can raise any
response on the three missing ones. Hence the need for some photos. I do
have one or two in the Register, but their contrast is not really suitable
for reproducing. Hence the query.
Thank you and Happy Morganeering to all.

Gary Moles.