TR-4 OIL SEAL

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-4 OIL SEAL
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 23:06:42, -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

I'm getting ready to replace the rod and main bearings in the TR-4
engine in my Morgan. Since the rear seal leaks pretty badly ( the car
has been called the MORGAN-VALDEZ by some) I figured it time to replace
the aly scroll on that pass as a oil control. I've seen the conversion
kit to place a regular type seal in place of the scroll and was
wondering if anyone has had experience with it.
Also, can some one tell me the secret of  sealing the push rod tubes in
the head which pass on either side of the spark plug?

Thanks for any help

Bob Nogueira
1964 Morgan Plus 4