Re: TR-4 OIL SEAL

To: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Subject: Re: TR-4 OIL SEAL
From: Gary Moles <morgannz@manawatu.gen.nz>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 20:57:55 +1300
At 23:06 3/2/97 -0500, you wrote:

>-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --
>
>I'm getting ready to replace the rod and main bearings in the TR-4
>engine in my Morgan. Since the rear seal leaks pretty badly ( the car
>has been called the MORGAN-VALDEZ by some) I figured it time to replace
>the aly scroll on that pass as a oil control. I've seen the conversion
>kit to place a regular type seal in place of the scroll and was
>wondering if anyone has had experience with it.
>Also, can some one tell me the secret of  sealing the push rod tubes in
>the head which pass on either side of the spark plug?
>
>Thanks for any help
>
>Bob Nogueira
>1964 Morgan Plus 4

Hi Bob,

I recently had the TR4A motor in my Plus 4 completely rebuilt and used one
of those sets of seals available from RACETRONICS in UK. Comes complete with
full instructions and seems to work very well. No longer able to "cast my
boundary" as the saying goes. Cost about 43pounds plus freight. Great
service too. Have no experience with the second problem you mention.

RACETRONICS fax (UK) 00 441 427 810 593

Best regards and Happy Morganeering from New Zealand
Gary Moles