Re: hot box

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: hot box
From: David Stillinger <dstillin@qualcomm.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 17:22:38 -0800
At 07:32 PM 2/5/97 -0500, David McCoy wrote:
>I agree. I have always used a 90 weight Hypoid Gear oil (1963 plus 4).
>>
>>Cheers
>>
>I do the same in my 1966 +4.
>
>Dave McCoy

I use 30 weight engine oil in my 61 +4 tranny. I don't have the manual with
me but I remember the reason was the straight cut gears didn't need the
hypoid and the syncro's are spun by face pressure and are not as effective
with the hypoid gear oils. By the way, my moss box does get quite warm (>
50 C as the dip stick gets to hot to handle).
David Stillinger
dstillinger@qualcomm.com
Cardiff by the Sea, California, USA