Re: 52 Plus 4 - Steering Wheel, Knobs

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 52 Plus 4 - Steering Wheel, Knobs
From: "Steve Manwell"<smanwell@xenergy.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 09:43:06 -0400

Early +4 dashboard knobs (cream color) are available from Melvyn Rutter.
Brooklands wheels are also available with either black or brown rims from a
UK vendor that (I think) advertizes in Hemmings and from various Mog
vendors with the associated markup.  Your car might have had either a
cream/brown Brooklands wheel or a standard three spoke, black rim wheel.
The three spoke wheel may even be available from the factory since they
were used through the late sixties and maybe into the seventies.

Your old steering wheel can also be restored.  There is a booklet available
from, say, Classic Motorbooks or Eastwood, that discusses rim repairs using
epoxy.  Spokes could be replated.  There are also vendors in Hemmings that
will restore your wheel for you.  I have no experience with any of them,
but some may have molds for the Brooklands rim.

--Steve Manwell

'54 Plus 4