Gulp / seals / clutch

To: "aMORGANS@autox.team.net" <Morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Gulp / seals / clutch
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 97 21:55:52 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

Hey thanks to all the responses on my query.
Tomorrow I'm calling British Frame and Engine about the seal conversion
which Dave and Linda Freeman  wrote.

Interesting little bit of luck today:
Took my oil soaked pressure plate and clutch to a local rebuilder ( Dallas
Clutch and Brake).  I figured I was going to have to have it rebuilt or
order one from a Morgan supplier since a couple of years ago when I did my
MGBGT the local LBC suppliers had to order the plate for the B.
Anyway the guy takes a look at the cover, checks his book ( yes a book not a
computer) and goes to the back and comes out with a replacement off the
shelve.  Nice thing was he then took me and the cover back to the rebuild
shop so we could double check the spring rates on the calibrator.

When I got home a letter from Morgan was waiting with the prices of parts I
will be needing.
Second nice surprise of the day. The prices from the factory are still way
way below the other suppliers .  New Tonneau  is  47 pounds.  Hell I paid
half that to have a shop put a new zipper in my old one .Damper blades were
only .75p.   Nice to see that the infllation of the New Car bay has not
spread to the parts department.
Interesting tale in that area , several (15) years ago a friend who visited
the factory priced out all  the major components of a Morgan and determined
that you could by the pieces for  just a little more than the price of a new
car.
Anyway thanks for the info and it's back to the garage for me. I'll be damn
if I 'm going to have  Dutchess break down on the Alaska trip in front of
those  MGS  ( not to mention John McNaughtons  4/4/

Bob Nogueira

Bob Nogueira
74 MGBGT
64 Morgan +4