The Morgan Web page

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The Morgan Web page
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 22:09:37 -0500
At 06:53 PM 3/25/97 -0500, Paul Jones wrote:

> How do we access your cross ref. Morgan parts list?  Sounds like you
> have done us all a real service.

For the old timers:

  I'm appologize for dumping this on the list, however, I think that we are
getting some new members that don't know about the Morgan Web page.  But
please read the next para. or so.

For all:

  The current vote on putting the pictures of my car in the
articles is 12 for a text link to the picture, 4 for the picture inbedded in
the articles, and 4 for thumbnails (not one of the original options).  So, I
think, I'll start by trying the links and
we'll see how it goes.

Also, I've just uploaded 80 reworked files, and still working on more.
However, the old addage, test, test, and test some more.  Everything
looked good offline.  1st time I looked at the articles after they
were put up, I realized that I didn't but the section headings in
Bold.  So I'll have to redo some of that work.

What was done for the 80 or so files just uploaded.  I've reworked the
black & white (line drawings) to clean them up so they don't look so
dirty.  It turns out that JPG files are for photographs - many colors
and blends from one color to the next.  So for B&W drawings, the
interface between the black & white gets a lot of dirt.  The B&W
drawings that I've reloaded have been cleaned (many hours of work) and
are not stored as GIFs.

I've also changed the way you go back to the indexes and the articles.
Instead of going back to the logo, you re-enter at the index.  Much
nicer for the user.

While I'm on the subject, I'm working with a fellow in Tx. creating
a Bricklin Page similar to the Morgan page.  So far, I haven't had
a chance to scan any of my pictures or the drawings for the articles.
I have 10 tech articles to be converted to HTML and no time.  If you
are interested in checking out the Bricklin page, it is at:

   http://members.aol.com/Brickcar/bricklin.htm

For the new comers:

   I have created and maintain the "SOL Morgan Web page".  It is dedicated
to the maintenance/restoration of the
Morgan.  There are about 25 tech. articles on restoring the car, a parts
xref listing, list of vendors, historical articles, etc.
If you haven't checked it out, the address is:

   http://www.team.net/www/morgan

John

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!