Re: Moss Motors

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Moss Motors
From: mdmiles@teleport.com (Michael Miles)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 08:22:03 -0800 (PST)
[snip]

>I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has trouble with Moss Motors.
They are polite enough to me when I walk in and ask for an MG or TR part and
can give the part number, but if I say they word "Morgan" they go stone cold
and insist they don't have Morgan parts.

[snip]

>I'll be grateful if they ever come out with a catalog for Morgan so we will
become part of the accepted circle.

What I find most ironic about Moss Motors is that in almost every one of
their glossy catalogs (and some of the periodical catalogs/newletters) they
have some portion of a Morgan visible and usually to advertise some part
that they offer for the generic British sports car.  I have never seen any
acknowledgement of the Morgan however.  My favorite was the Christmas
catalog a couple of years ago that had a Morgan ON THE COVER festooned with
Christmas lights.  I never found the photo credit for that one...

They have been very helpful when I've asked TR motor questions but thats
about as far as I've taken it.

Michael D. Miles, PE
'62 Plus 4, 4 seater (hanger queen)
'68 Plus 4, 4 seater
'84 Fiero (tupperware car)
'90 Plymouth Grand Voyager (with wood-grain shelf paper on the side)