Funny noises

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Funny noises
From: gdm@po.cwru.edu (G D. Mc Coy)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 08:44:26 -0500 (EST)
Hi Folks-I fired up my '66 +4  (TR4A motor) yesterday and all is wel EXECPT for
a strange
new sound-It sounds as if the fan is hitting something,but that is not the
case. The sound is only apparent when the engine is running, ie I don't
hear it when the engine is turning over with the key off.

1. I suspect the water pump. All of my books indicate a grease fitting  on the
housing but I
don't have one. Possibly Morgan (Triumph) went to a sealed unit?

2. Are their other possibilities?

3. Assuming its the water pump-is it safe to drive? BTW, there is no
obvious leakage.

Thanks in advance.

David McCoy

--
G. David McCoy, PhD    Dept. of Environmental Health Sciences
gdm@po.cwru.edu        School of Medicine