VIBRATION OF FRONT END--ADVICE FROM MORGAN FACTORY

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: VIBRATION OF FRONT END--ADVICE FROM MORGAN FACTORY
From: M/L Shields <mshields@pclink.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 21:01:26 -0500
My 67 Morgan +4 vibrated violently between 53 and 60 mph.  I had the wheels
balanced with 4 oz of lead, the steering gear box tightened and the
suspension examined.  Still no luck!

On a visit to the Morgan factory, Peter Morgan, introduced me to the front
end man at the factory.  He said most of these problems are solved by
simply replacing the tires.  I bought four Dunlop 165 x15 tires and all the
vibration disappeared. (The tires were not worn and looked great so I never
suspected the tires.)  The Dunlops cost $50. each, and were well worth it.

Hope this helps.

Lloyd Shields, Minnesota Morgan Club
67 +4 Morgan, 60 Bugeye