tires (tyres?) for 16" wheels

To: "'morgans@Autox.Team.Net'" <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: tires (tyres?) for 16" wheels
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 13:41:55 -0400
Chip Brown's (ebrown@ms.com) request for 16" rims and his reference to
Avon tires reminded me to ask a general question about tires for 16"
rims.  One of these days I will need to replace the tires on the 16"
rims of my '52 +4 (I also want to keep the car as original as possible
and don't want to part with my 16" rims).

What's the general consensus about tires?  I've heard Avon mentioned and
some time ago, somebody sent me a Cocker (?) tire catalog from the US.
What's available in N. America and what is recommended for general
street use (I'm probably too old to race anyway).

Thanks

Chuck Vandergraaf
'52 +4, P.2473/V.345.ME
Pinawa, Manitoba, R0E 1L0