Brake pads

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brake pads
From: BradFarr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 15:40:01 -0400 (EDT)
My '95 Plus 8 suddenly started to pull to the left when braking. Examining
the front end, I found that a plastic shopping bag was tangled on the right
front spring. The oil from the "one-shot" oiler got on the bag, which then
fouled the right front disk. (Yes, even "modern" Morgans still have the one
shot oiler.)
I cleaned the disk, caliper, and pads (in place on the car) with lots of
simple green and a pressure washer. The car now tracks straight when braking.

My Question:
Should I replace the front brake pads? I have always heard that if brake pads
are contaminated, they must be replaced, but if the car behave OK am I OK? Or
is the loss of braking too subtle to be felt in the seat of pants?
Comments and advice welcome.
Thanks,
Brad

Brad