Re: Ford Transmission Shifter Extension

To: "Joseph DeLuca" <DELUCAJ@mops.wl.com>, "morgans" <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Ford Transmission Shifter Extension
From: neil montilla <montilla@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 97 11:07:28 -0500
Joe, I did the same on my 62 4/4 about 10 years ago.  Synthetic fluid in
the trans will help make the shifting easier.  I bought a leather
gearshift boot (J. C. Whitney?) and installed it under (and through) the
covering on the sheet metal transmission cover.  I have several layers of
felt and carpet covering the trans cover to cut down the heat radiation.

You'll get used to sticking your foot under the clutch pedel.  It only
goes numb for the first few hundred times.

Neil Montilla
Apple Computer, Latin America
One Alhambra Plaza
Coral Gables, FL 33134