Re: Front Shocks

To: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Front Shocks
From: steve@tap.csiro.au (Steve Moore)
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 07:33:18 +1000
Bob,

Your right, at least as far as conventional wisdom goes front shocks should
be set on their softest setting. When inspecting the underside of my car a
couple of weeks ago I discovered that the lower shock mounting on one side
had unscrewed from the sub axle housing. I had not noticed any great
difference when driving the car on suburban roads. It is interesting that
in the late 1940's Morgans were claiming that front shocks were not
necessary at all on Morgan suspension. I suspect this had more to do with
post war material shortages than fact.

Cheers

Steve Moore