Re: Driving Position

To: morgans <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Driving Position
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 19:42:29 -0400
At 06:01 PM 5/6/97 -0500, Joseph DeLuca wrote:
>>>  -- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --
>>>  Joe;
>>>  I don't know about 4/4's, but the petals on the Plus 4 are adjustable.
>>>  I set my Clutch petal back ( toward me) about 2 inches more than the
>>>  brake petal.....
>>>  Bob Nogueira  5'11"

>....It's this new wrinkle of avoiding leaning my knee on the shift extender
>that has me twisting into new positions.  My pedals are attached to the
>floor, so I don't fully understand the concept of getting a foot "under"
>them.
>
>Regards,
>
>Joe D

Bob,

  The 4/4's have a single metal tube with an AL. cap at each end.  The
AL cap is very crude, simply a "D" shaped of AL, the hole in the "D" is
where the pipe goes, the flat part of the "D" has 2 studs in it that go
through the front horixzontal stringer.  2 nuts on the outside of the
firewall hold the assembly in place.  The peddles have a larger dia. tube
welded to them and they slide over the single rod.  There is one spacer
that goes between the brake and the clutch so they don't interfeer with
each other.

It is amaising how different the +4 and the 4/4s are and yet how similar
they are.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair@nhr.com
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  495-8229

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire