Fuel starvation solved

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fuel starvation solved
From: George Gerth <ggerth@west.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 08:21:54 -0700
I finally solved the fuel starvation problem on my 63 +4 which has
bugged me for a while.  I had feared that there was a lot of dirt in the
tank and I would have to pull it.  The problem turned out to be the fuel
pickup tube which was VERY clogged with varnish,dirt,scale,etc.  The
tube screws in from the top of the tank and once removed I could ream it
clean with a piece of ready rod.

The car is running fine now and the glass sediment bowl on the pump
seems to be catching the small amount of sediment in the tank.  I also
have a small disposable filter up by the carbs.

The next project now should be to fit some oversized throttle shafts to
the SUs and improve the idle.  Has anyone done this on the +4 carbs?
Any hints to offer?