Re: Trike Tranny

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Trike Tranny
From: Bob Wright <rwright@netrover.com>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 21:38:28 -0400 (EDT)
I have no advice as I am still testing my new acquisition and finding the
flaws.  I look forward to reading any advice you get as I am sure to need a
rebuild as time goes on.  Mine is a runner and I intend to use it
extensively this summer but will eventually restore the car.  It is tired
looking but as of two days ago, licensed.  Yahoo!  I do however find third
gear a big jump from second.  Is it others experience that second has to be
run up into high revs before shifting to third and that third is not
practical around residential short runs?  I also have a 33 SS beetleback and
love the response it gets around town.  How possible is it to find an
original starter or is there another one that will fit?  It is currently
running the generator off of the front starter position with a belt but I am
also seeking an original generator, gears and bracket for the original
transmission position.  Looking forward to hearing from other trike
owners...bob (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)...p.s. looking for three wheel nuts
for my spare tire.  Any source or extras out there?