Re: LUCAS Voltage Regulators...

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net, DELUCAJ <DELUCAJ@mops.wl.com>
Subject: Re: LUCAS Voltage Regulators...
From: ebrown@ms.com
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 08:07:21 -0400
     Is your ammeter showing a charge at idle but less at higher speeds? I
     found that I had a short in my generator where the armature was
     slightly damaged and basically shorted out at higher RPMs as
     centrifugal force pulled the core away from its axis, touching the
     housing. Replaced the generator and the battery kept its charge. As in
     your case, the battery went flat while driving, although it was
     apparently charging while idling or spending some time in low speed
     traffic. Maybe that's not your problem, but it is worth a check.

     Chip Brown