shafted update 2

To: "Blair, John" <jblair@virgo.massolant.navy.mil>, <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: shafted update 2
From: "Stephen F. Bauserman" <sbauserm@actsnet.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 20:14:00 -0500
John:

I am taking the "creep up on it" approach.  I have everything out of the
interior of the car, the tunnels are all out, steering whell off. I was
wrong on one thing. When I unbolted the shaft from the rear end and turned
the shaft, it did always spin off center by about three degrees.  I am now
at a point where I can shine a flash light in the tail piece.  The yolk
still does not appear bent, but on the oldside of the tail piece there is a
ring about three to four inches wide where the tail piece appears to have
been hot enough burn the paint.  This ring appears to be at the point where
the yolk stops.

I think I am now to the point where I must fish or cut bait.  Cut the yolk
and pull the tail piece or disassemble the u-joint and pull the
transmission.  Any thoughts?

Steve Bauserman
67 Morgan 4/4
83 Mercedes 300SD