Re: Cheap Air Cleaner Solution

To: sgilbert <sgilbert@wpusd.k12.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Cheap Air Cleaner Solution
From: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 22:27:38 +0100
sgilbert <sgilbert@wpusd.k12.ca.us> writes

>I saw it!! A 4/4 with webber carb (downdraft) AND... just fitting under the
>hood(bonnet?) was a K & N air filter!
        snip

>I have asked an "on line" parts place and they have suggested a Webber
>"32/36 DGV manual choke".  This they will sell for $159.95... so for less
>than $200 I can have my Air Cleaner!!!
>
>Any knowledge of this carb out there?  Will it fit/work???

Standard carb for most 4/4 1600s, (post "Competition", which I think had
a DCD1), will be the DGV 32/36, this was the carb fitted to the MkI
Capri GT and the Escort GT as standard. (Some models will have the DGAV-
an automatic choke).

My car has this set up and an ITG foam air filter, which works fine.
--
Jeremy Edwards
1972 Morgan 4/4