Re: shafted: update 3

To: "Stephen F. Bauserman" <sbauserm@actsnet.com>
Subject: Re: shafted: update 3
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 17:18:37 -0400
At 09:27 PM 6/23/97 -0500, Stephen F. Bauserman wrote:
>John:
>
>Well I am now wondering if the drive shaft is the issue in the vibration.
>I would appear that the motor mount on the exhaust manifold side of the
>engine has totally failed.  I can pull up on the manifold and lift the
>engine and the metal piece in the center of the moto mount moves freely up
>and down as much as an inch.  I think I have a problem.  I also have a
>brand new pair of motor mounts in my parts inventory.  I think I will
>attempt to change them tomarrow evening and see what happens with the
>vibration.

Steve,

  The broken motor mount would account for some vibration and funny noises.
But that still doesn't address why your yoke won't slip out of the end of
the tail shaft.  I don't think I'd put too much milage on it before finding
out what's wrong with the output shaft on the xmission.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair@nhr.com

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire