Re: database file

To: "L.D. McLaughlin, Jr." <ldmcjr@datasync.com>
Subject: Re: database file
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 16:56:23 -0400
Tony,

   Nice job on the spread sheet.  However, may I make 2 suggestions:

    1. Put a header column at the top of the spread sheet.  While it's
       obvious what the fields are supposed to be, when you get down into
       the sheet you loose track.  With a row that is column headers, you
       can split the sheet so the there is 1 line of headers and they will
       move relative to you position in the lower part of the file.

     2. If at all possible switch from the "tab" seperated fields to the
        comma seperated fields.  You can't see a tab, so if you have to edit
        the file (which I did - the mail program wrapped the lines) you
        don't know where a field ends.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair@nhr.com

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire